“Let’s Talk About…”
MANNERS & ETIQUETTE
Como se dice…?
Escribe las respuestas en los espacios blancos!
Things to figure out and discuss with your friends tonight…
- Have you ever heard of the term ‘netiquette’? It has to do with manners on the internet and computers, i.e. writing emails, participating in online chats, etc. What do you consider to be proper ‘netiquette’.
- Talk about telephone etiquette. Have you ever had a conversation on the phone in English? What are some polite phrases for talking on the phone in English?
- Did you know that most Americans and British people find it awkward to give small kisses when greeting someone or saying goodbye? Can you think of some other things that might be different between Colombian etiquette and
- What are some common rules of etiquette in Colombia? What do you think is the most important one? Do you have any pet peeves about manners? (What is a pet peeve?!)
- Talk about the most annoying person you know! J Do you think they have bad manners? Why/how?
Tasks to complete with your friends tonight…
- BBE and Authors want to know what YOU want to talk about next week! Come up with some conversation topics that are interesting. Please write down your ideas here!
- Write down at least 3 new words or phrases that you learned tonight. If you did not learn anything new, write down phrases that you have taught someone else. If you have not taught anyone, then write down 3 phrases or words you want to learn!
Old American Saying related to manners…
“Mable, Mable, strong and able, keep your elbows off the table, this is not a horse’s stable, but a fancy dining table.”
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”